We had Gold Coast TechSpace members in 4 of the 7 Gold Coast teams. There were about 60 team participants, mentors and observers at our event, from a total of about 700 nationally, so it seems that we had a substantial and very visible presence nationally. There were about $170,000 of prizes nationally, of which Gold Coast teams were eligible for about $50,000. Judging for most of the prizes will be conducted from today until Thursday. ***YOU CAN HELP** our teams win prizes by taking a look at the entries and voting. The Gold Coast teams with GC TechSpace members were:
- Local Lookout: Led by our President Steve Dalton.
- Miggy: included Steve Davis in the team
- Open Data Correlator: included Alan Murtagh in the team
- Ken Frick did a great job as a one-man team. His presentation of his application was remarkable for a single-person entry. His app is not yet on the website.
To vote for a team it appears that we need to –
- Sign up/register
- Choose your (favourite Gold Coast) teams and after marvelling at their entry click on all the star ratings (the flaming icons, mate!) for each prize at the bottom of the team’s page.