We currently offer two types of membership, a “free” offer for people attending our public events or their first members’ event, and a monthly subscription.
Free Membership: We run events that are free and open to the public several times a year. If you become a free member you can:
- Attending public events run by the Gold Coast TechSpace
- Come along and see what the space is all about. Ask questions, throw some ideas around and get some inspiration.
- Tell us the type of technology you are interested in. We may have others already involved in it, at the Space or elsewhere.
- Please join our meetup group so you can RSVP and attend our open events.
Full Membership: Access to the TechSpace, tools, facilities and all events. Becoming a paying member gives you:
- Access to the TechSpace between 7am and 11pm. (A keyholder needs to be present to open the Space and also to close it when the last keyholder leaves.)
- Use of TechSpace facilities: desks, internet, tools, common-use computers, kitchen, 3D printers (You need to provide your own PLA, and co-ordinate usage through the Reprap Project Leader)
- Voting rights at General Meetings including the AGM.
Payment options for full members are:
- Casual monthly ($25/month inc GST).
- 6 months for the price of 5 ($125 inc GST).
- 12 months for the price of 9 ($225 inc GST).
Note: We also run education programs and private events for which notification is posted on meetup.com. We sometimes close the TechSpace to general member visits during these events.
Applications for Membership
To apply for TechSpace membership please follow these steps:
- Join the GC TechSpace group on Meetup.com
- RSVP and attend one of our Wednesday night events. Introduce yourself (we’re very friendly!) and check out what projects we’re currently working on. Feel free to bring your laptop or projects from home as well.
- You can then enter your Membership Application online here.
- Your application goes to the next committee meeting for approval for membership.
- Once approved you will receive details about:
- Membership payment options (PayPal, Bank Transfer).
- How to access the TechSpace.
- How to use the 3D Printers and other equipment.
- Access to our online Slack chat room.
- Access to an (optional) website portfolio to share your projects on this website.