We currently offer three types of membership, along with a “free” offer for people attending our public events or their first members’ event.
Free membership to attendees of public events. We run events that are open to the public several times a year.
- Attending public events run by the Gold Coast TechSpace (gold coin donation may apply)
- Come along and see what the space is all about. Ask questions, throw some ideas around and get some inspiration.
- Tell us the type of technology you are interested in. We may have others already involved in it, at the Space or elsewhere.
- Please join our meetup group so you can RSVP and attend our open events.
Supporter Membership, subscription: $5 per month.
This gives you these privileges:
- Access to all scheduled events: both member events (any event fees are payable), and public events/open days at the TechSpace.
- Access to the TechSpace Discussion email list
- Feeling confident knowing that you’re both part of and supporting a great group of like minded geeks, techos, odds, ends of all professions and walks of life within the community.
- (No voting rights)
Full Membership, subscription: $25 per month.
This gives you additional privileges:
- Access to the TechSpace between 7am and 11pm. (A keyholder needs to be present to open the Space and also to close it when the last keyholder leaves.)
- Use of space facilities: desks, internet, tools, common-use computers, printer, and the RepRap 3D printers (You need to provide your own PLA, and co-ordinate usage through the Reprap Project Leader)
- Edit access to the TechSpace wiki pages (Please get a web admin to register you onto the wiki).
- Voting rights at General Meetings including the AGM.
Full members can opt to -
- Pay 5 months in advance ($125), and get 6 months membership.
- Pay 9 months in advance ($225), and get 12 months membership.
We also run education programs and private events for which notification is posted on meetup.com. The Space is normally closed to members during these events.
Applications for Membership
To apply for membership, first please join the GC TechSpace group on Meetup, RSVP and attend an introductory meeting. You can then enter your Membership Application online here. Your application goes to the next committee meeting for approval for membership.
Membership Subscription Payment
Subscriptions are due 1st of each month in advance for that month. Payment can be made as a direct bank deposit (preferred method), or via PayPal. We do not handle cash or cheque payments for monthly subscriptions at the Space.
Pay via Bank Transfer ( ** preferred ** )
Use the online banking facility provided by your bank to transfer funds directly into our account. This is our preferred method of payment, as the bank charges us no fee for the transaction.
Bank: Bendigo Southport
Account Number: 145055935
Account Name: Gold Coast Tech Space
Reference: your surname
Pay via PayPal
Please select the type of membership and number of months in advance you would like to pay for. Six month advance payment is not available via PayPal:
PayPal charges will appear as “GC TechSpace” on your account.
For membership and any other enquiries please contact the committee using the Contact Form.