We currently offer three types of membership, along with a “free” offer for people attending our public events or their first members’ event.
Free membership to attendees of public events. We run events that are open to the public several times a year.
- Attending public events run by the Gold Coast TechSpace (gold coin donation may apply)
- Come along and see what the space is all about. Ask questions, throw some ideas around and get some inspiration.
- Tell us the type of technology you are interested in. We may have others already involved in it, at the Space or elsewhere.
- Please send us your details or join our meetup group so we can contact you for future events.
Supporter Membership, subscription: $5 per month.
This gives you these privileges:
- Access to all scheduled events: both member events (any event fees are payable), and public events/open days at the TechSpace
- Access to the TechSpace Discussion email list
- Limited use of facilities at the space: internet access, power, kitchen facilities.
- Areas in the space with wisdom, support, tools, parts and spare bits to tinker with.
- Feeling confident knowing that you’re both part of and supporting a great group of like minded geeks, techos, odds, ends of all professions and walks of life within the community.
- (No voting rights)
Full Membership, subscription: $40 per month.
This gives you additional privileges:
- Access to the TechSpace between 6am and midnight. (A keyholder needs to be present to open the Space and also to close it when the last keyholder leaves.)
- Use of space facilities: desks, internet, tools, common-use computers, printer, and the RepRap 3D printers (You need to provide your own PLA, and co-ordinate usage through the Reprap Project Leader)
- Edit access to the TechSpace wiki pages (Please get a web admin to register you onto the wiki).
- Voting rights at General Meetings including the AGM.
A Concessional subscription of $20 per month is available to students, retirees and unemployed. This gives you Full Membership privileges.
We also run education programs and private events for which notification is posted on meetup.com. The Space is normally closed to members during these events.
For membership and any other enquiries please contact the committee using the Contact Form.
Applications for Membership
To apply for membership:
- Get an existing member (the “proposer”) to support your application for membership.
- You and the proposer fill out Application for Membership Paper Form downloadable here, and you sign it.
The proposer will then give the signed form to the Secretary and also can enter the details online here. Your application goes to the next committee meeting for approval for membership.
Membership Subscription Payment
Subscriptions are due 1st of each month in advance for that month. Payment can be made as a direct bank deposit (preferred method), or via PayPal. We do not handle cash or cheque payments for monthly subscriptions at the Space.
Pay via Bank Transfer
This is the preferred method of payment, as the bank charges no fee for the transaction. You need to use the online banking facility provided by your bank.
Bank: Bendigo Southport
Account Number: 145055935
Account Name: Gold Coast Tech Space
Reference: your surname
Pay via PayPal (AUD)
Please select the type of membership you would like to sign up for:
Paypal charges will appear as “GC Tech Space” on your account.