We run events that are free and open to the public several times a year. If you become a free member you can:
- Attending public events run by the Gold Coast TechSpace
- Come along to our Open Nights on a Wednesday and see what the space is all about. Ask questions, throw some ideas around and get some inspiration.
- Tell us the type of technology you are interested in. We may have others already involved in it, at the Space or elsewhere.
- Please book on Eventbrite and attend our Techspace tour.
- Please join our slack channel for regular chat, ask any member for an invite.
Note: After attending 3 Open Nights, you will be automatically sent an invoice to cover your ongoing membership. At this time, you can change from Monthly or 12 monthly. Thank You for attending, and hope to have you join us soon, as a fully paid up member.
- Full Membership:
Access to the TechSpace, tools, facilities and all events. Becoming a paying member gives you:
- Access to the TechSpace between 7am and 11pm.
- A keyholder needs to be present to open the Space and also to close it when the last keyholder leaves.
- You can become a keyholder after a probation period.
- Use of TechSpace facilities: desks, internet, tools, common-use computers, kitchen, 3D printers.
- Use of dangerous machinery requires that you have completed a safety induction. A committee member must also be present at the space during use.
- A list of our current tools and equipment is available here.
- Voting rights at General Meetings including the AGM.
Payment options for full members are:
- Casual 3 months for ($75 inc GST).
- 12 months for the price of 10 ($250 inc GST) – 2 months free
- Family Casual ($30/month inc GST)*
- Family 12 months for the price of 10 ($300 inc GST) – 2 months free*
*Family membership is restricted to household members only, max 4 persons. Kids are free as long as they are accompanied by a paying member who is responsible for their actions and safety.
Note: We also run education programs and private events for which notification is posted on meetup.com. We sometimes close the TechSpace to general member visits during these events.